[Gbif-europe] Invitation to "BioVeL in Practice and in Future"

Yde de Jong y.s.d.m.dejong at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 15:30:30 CEST 2014

Dear GBIF partners,

Please find below an invitation for the BioVel final event.

Kind regards,

Yde

BioVeL's partners are pleased to invite you to

"BioVeL : In Practice and in future"

13th November 2014, Institut Océanographique
195 rue Saint Jacques, Paris 5e, France

This one-day event aims at sharing with you what we did and what we’ve learned during our efforts to build a virtual laboratory for biodiversity research. We will also present our plans for the future and invite you to take a role in it!

BioVeL is a pilot implementation of some of the core ideas from the LifeWatch Preparatory  Phase. In the past three years we’ve worked with the biodiversity research community to construct, test, and revise some essential elements of a robust e-infrastructure for biodiversity and ecosystem research. At the meeting we want to present the results we have produced and the experience we’ve gained, as well as discussing the coming tasks for our community.

The event will be structured around the 3 key goals that encapsulate the BIH2013 initiative.

1) Integration: Making better use of existing data and tools.

2) Cooperation: Working together towards a global biosphere model.

3) Promotion: Informatics leadership to serve the needs of science and policy.

Our community needs to keep working together to achieve these goals. What we have achieved could not have been done without our community of friends, collaborating projects and networks – thank you for your support and enthusiasm. At the event, we will present some of the major achievements and how we are planning to weave the current network of researchers and technological products into a European infrastructure.

Looking forward to seeing you on the 13th of November.

Your registration by September 15 is your RSVP. To register and for further information, please click here.

For more information on BioVeL : http://www.biovel.eu, contact at biovel.eu

For information on this event, write elisabeth.paymal at fondationbiodiversite.fr

We apologize for multiple postings.