[Gbif-europe] 7th European Nodes Meeting-website

André Heughebaert a.heughebaert at biodiversity.be
Mon Feb 9 12:13:31 CET 2015

Dear Node Managers,

As previously announced, Europe will have its _Regional Nodes Meeting
__on 5-7 May at MHN Paris_.

The meeting website <http://www.gbif.fr/eu_node_meeting_2015/> is now
available and registration is open.
I hereby encourage you to participate to the elaboration of our meeting
programme
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jBDBB-Ma5Lo6vbnbEjU_Daoa89PSuOmkK4H9o3BONmM/edit?usp=sharing>.

This year, we will elect our Regional Representative and Representative
Deputy to the Nodes Steering Group.
Rui Figueira and Wouter Addink kindly accepted to become our *2015
Elections Committee*.
You will soon get more information about the elections process.

Before our Nodes Meeting, an *Altas of Living Europe* *workshop* will be
organized around ALA technologies, _on 4-5 May at MHN_.
Tim Robertson and an Australian developer will guide us into this Java
based Node Portal open software.
Spain as recently launched a data portal <http://datos.gbif.es/> derived
it; France, Portugal, UK and Belgium are also planing to deploy it later
this year. We encourage all European nodes to send technical staff to
this workshop. (see website for more)
This is a very good opportunity for those who missed the Canberra ALA
Workshop, last year.

My very best wishes,
--
Ir Andre Heughebaert