[Gbif-europe] 8th EU nodes meeting + workshop in Lisbon

Anne-Sophie Archambeau archambeau at gbif.fr
Mon Feb 8 16:06:43 CET 2016

Dear European GBIF colleagues,

As you know, our next EU Nodes meeting will take place in *Lisbon *the
*week of the 18-22 April 2016.

*I would like to share our ideas about the potential organisation of
these days:

We would like to organise a *workshop on Monday 18 and Tuesday 19
morning, then the EU nodes meeting from Tuesday afternoon to Thursday
evening and thanks to GBIF Portugal, a trip will be organise on Friday
22. **
*
Please note that the duration of the workshop may change but the EU
Nodes will stay on Tuesday to Thursday, so save these dates.

- For the workshop, the thematic will be around sample-based data
publication and the questions that appears around the event core of the
Darwin core.  As Dag Endresen organised a workshop last October close to
this subject and that Kyle Braak from the Secretariat work on the
publication of these new types of data sets, they will be the ones who
lead the workshop. Dag will soon send you a proposal draft of the agenda
for comments (via the community site or google doc).

- Following the recent discussions of the NSG, in order to follow up
with the global nodes meeting and for the preparation of the Nodes
Committee work plan, it will be recommended to include discussions about
some specific topics during the regional meeting. We are currently
working on the EU nodes draft agenda and on a short survey that should
be fill in before the nodes meeting. (like we did last year but this
time the survey will be harmonised for all regions and also be send to
the others regions)

I will come back to you as soon as possible.

Best wishes

Anne-Sophie