[Gbif-europe] European NSG Representatives - 2017 elections procedure

Anne-Sophie Archambeau archambeau at gbif.fr
Tue May 16 12:00:33 CEST 2017

Dear European GBIF Colleagues,

I hope you all came back safe at home and I want to thank you again for
this fruitful meeting. The minutes and presentations will be on-line soon.

As presented by Wouter Addink during the meeting, this year the European
Nodes need to nominate the Regional Representative and Representative
Deputy for Europe to the Nodes Steering Group.

> The Nodes ToR (http://www.gbif.org/resource/80670) indicates that:
>
> - One of the responsabilities of the Regional Sub-committees is to:
> “Appoint a Regional Representative, and deputy, to the Nodes Steering
> Group preferably from among its Voting Participant members”.
> - "Regional Representatives are appointed for an initial two-year
> period, extendable for a further two years".

As you know, EU Nodes elected in 2015 representatives were :
Myself as Regional Representative
and Anders Telenius as Representative Deputy

Next steps for the 2017 elections:

> Current EU representative of the NSG, AS Archambeau, can be
> re-nominated for the post and has informed that she is willing to
> serve for a second term.
>
> Anders Telenius, as he was elected vice-chair of the NSG at the last
> Governing Board, is not available for re-election as Deputy.

Anders Telenius and Wouter Addink agreed to assist in this process as
the Election Committee. **
And the proposed election procedure are the following:

- Call for nominations at EU Nodes meeting in Stockholm and through the
Nodes mailinglist. The deadline for nominations is *24th of May 2017.*
- Announcement of candidates and distribution of ballot email
- Cast votes by sending replies to the ballot email, independently, to
the election committee: Wouter Addink ‎[wouter.addink at naturalis.nl]‎ AND
to Anders Telenius [anders.telenius at nrm.se]‎
- Announcement of results to Nodes. In case of tie, a second round
voting period is run, with the same voting procedure
- Representation will go into effect by GB24

And now, thanks to both Anders and Wouter, I let them take the lead of
these procedure !

With my best regards,
Anne-Sophie