[ECA] Planning for PESC-4

Spehn Eva eva.spehn at scnat.ch
Fri Mar 24 11:04:39 CET 2017

Hi Agnes,

thanks for the PESC-4 Concept note, its a very promising programme and great to see that the NFPs are now included as well. I am happy to facilitate a breakout group as a moderator, if you still need one :-)

And also happy to let you know that we can provide travel money again for Participants of Eastern Europe and Central Asia, 5000 Euros, as last year for PESC-3, from our travel expenses fund we have for Swiss IPBES experts.

All best regards,
Eva

> Am 23.03.2017 um 10:51 schrieb Agnes HALLOSSERIE <agnes.hallosserie at fondationbiodiversite.fr>:
>
> Dear all,
>
> Thank you for all the feedback provided regarding the organisation and content of PESC-4, that is very helpful!
>
> Please remember to register on this address if you plan to attend the conference so that we have the number of people right: http://www.fondationbiodiversite.fr/fr/fondation/evenements/divers.html <http://www.fondationbiodiversite.fr/fr/fondation/evenements/divers.html>
>
> Regarding the review work on the draft assessment and SPM, it will need good preparation indeed. We got a proposal by the IPBES Secretariat to join forces and to include the regional capacity-building workshop targeting NFPs for reviewing and preparing the approval of SPM in 2018 within PESC-4, since our objectives are well in line. This would be a form of partnership between IPBES and PESC, and a nice way to acknowledge PESC contribution to the implementation of IPBES work programme, including its rolling plan for capacity-building. The Secretariat highlighted that they are very keen to work with us on that regional matter, especially since the Plenary at its 5th session recalled several time that they should really build on and partner with existing initiatives.
>
>  They will be able to provide us with support on how to conduct best the review for NFPs, and we could adapt from there to work with the other participants. We could have designed more general info sessions running in parallel with the break-out groups but I am afraid that it would scatter the group too much, with only a handful of participants per group. Instead, I suggest to design the break out sessions in an incremental fashion. As we have 3 sessions of 1.5 hours each, we could take some time in the first session to present the draft versions, identify key issues and challenges and therefore guide more closely the input from and discussion with participants, with the help of the assessment co-chairs and CLAs.

> [...]

Dr. Eva Spehn
Forum Biodiversität Schweiz / Forum Biodiversité Suisse / Swiss Biodiversity Forum
Swiss Academy of Sciences (SCNAT)
Laupenstr. 7
CH-3008 Bern
Tel. +41 (0)31 306 93 42
eva.spehn at scnat.ch <mailto:jodok.guntern at scnat.ch>
www.biodiversity.ch <http://www.biodiversity.ch/>

Aktuelle Ausgabe HOTSPOT: «Biodiversität in den Geisteswissenschaften»
Le nouveau numéro HOTSPOT «La biodiversité dans les sciences humaines» vient de sortir!
www.biodiversity.ch/hotspot <http://www.biodiversity.ch/hotspot>

Neustes aus der Biodiversitätsforschung Schweiz im Newsletter IBS. Forschen Sie zum Thema Biodiversität? Schicken Sie uns Ihren Beitrag zu!
Inscrivez-vous à la Newsletter électronique IBS ou envoyez-nous vos travaux de recherche:
www.biodiversity.ch/ibs <http://www.biodiversity.ch/ibs>