[ECA] : New job at UFZ and upcoming questionnaire to national platforms

Kristina Raab kristina.raab at ufz.de
Tue Aug 20 22:58:53 CEST 2019

Dear ECA-network colleagues,

this is to inform you that earlier this year I shifted my activities to
national platforms in other countries than Germany, and from October I
will also be starting a new job as head of the Helmholtz
Interdisciplinary Graduate School for Environmental Sciences (HIGRADE).

I will maintain my activities in IPBES (as stakeholder and lead author
of the sustainable use assessment) and on national platforms in various
countries - as part of the IKI project on national ecosystem assessments
coordinated by WCMC; and via prospective PESCs I hope :)

The new position however will need some focused dedication for a period
of time, and my colleague Johannes Förster in (cc) will therefore
continue the IKI work on national platforms in the next months. We have
developed a questionnaire targeted at all existing national platforms to
gather experiences and insights about the diversity in the setting up
and operation of such platforms. We would like to use the information in
informal consultations for countries in the process of setting up a
national platform, and also create a comprehensive comparison of
national platforms inspired by the comparison of ECA platforms a few
years ago to be published in different formats.

I will be on leave for a few weeks from now, and I just wanted to let
you know that after a test run Johannes will be in touch with you the
ECA platforms with further information. I would greatly appreciate your
cooperation in answering the questionnaire. We've carefully formulated
text regarding confidentiality which I hope covers all scenarios, but if
there are any queries or issues regarding confidentiality (or other
things) please communicate at that time.

Thanks !!

Best wishes,

Kristina

Dr. Kristina Raab
UFZ Science-Policy Expert Group and
Dept. of Conservation Biology
Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research - UFZ
Permoserstraße 15 / 04318 Leipzig / Germany

I aim to follow the Email Charter.
Email too brief? Here's why! http://emailcharter.org

Tel +49 341 235 1650 / Fax +49 341 235 45 1270
kristina.raab at ufz.de / www.ufz.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Leipzig
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Leipzig, Handelsregister Nr. B 4703
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig Wilfried Kraus
Wissenschaftlicher Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Georg Teutsch
Administrative Geschäftsführerin: Dr. Heike Graßmann