[Gbif-europe] 7th European Nodes Meeting - structuring the meeting

André Heughebaert a.heughebaert at biodiversity.be
Thu Apr 9 09:49:42 CEST 2015

Dear Steve, all,

I completely agree with Steve suggestion to make our meeting more active
than the previous ones.
After discussion with Anne-Sophie, I suggest to organize our meeting as
follows:

  * Tuesday Afternoon : Plenary session
      o Update from the Secretariat
      o Presentations of Collaborations and New Opportunities
  * Wednesday: we will split into thematic working groups
    Practically speaking we are limited to 3 groups in the morning and 3
    in the afternoon.
  * Thursday Morning : Plenary session
      o Elections results
      o European Nodes Workplan 2015-2016
      o Conclusion

Therefore, I hereby invite you to suggest thematic working groups in
this shared document
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iazqFoA0h6aF1WmJDPTXugVPnIgi2USUWJCFcoGbqmY/edit?usp=sharing>.
Those working groups shall have:

  * a *name*, preferably short
  * a *theme*: an paragraph describing the subject, as described by Steve
  * an *outcome*: what do we expect from the working group?
    (Don't be over-optimistic on the results of 2-3 hours of discussion,
    be realistic.)
  * a *chair*: the person in charge of the working group discussion
    The chair should prepare a short presentation/introduction message
    to kick-off the discussion.

Since we only have 6 slots of working groups, we will run a poll to
determine the most popular ones. Only the top 6 will effectively take place.

Regarding the exchange of information before the meeting,
The *preparatory survey* gives all the nodes the opportunity the
describe their current status.(see attachment)
This information will be circulated ahead of the meeting and will
briefly be presented at the beginning of our meeting.
So please fill-in this free-text questionnaire even if you are not
attending the meeting and return it to me. _Deadline is April 15th_!

Best regards,
Andre Heughebaert