[Gbif-europe] European NSG Representatives - 2015 elections procedure

Rui Figueira rui.figueira at iict.pt
Tue Feb 24 11:51:18 CET 2015

Dear European GBIF Colleagues

As announced before by André, this year the European Nodes need to nominate the Regional Representative and Representative Deputy for Europe to the Nodes Steering Group.

The Nodes ToR (http://www.gbif.org/resource/80670) indicates that:

"Regional Representatives are appointed for an initial two-year period, extendable for a further two years."

André ends its two year term at GB22, while Anne-Sophie is in place for more than three years.

We (Wouter Addink and Rui Figueira) agreed to assist in this process as the Election Committee. Therefore, we would like to propose the following procedure for the election (similar to the procedure followed last year):

Procedure and Agenda:

1. Propose the election process and agenda (this email), to be approved by European Nodes;
2. Call for nominations;
3. Announcement of candidates and distribution of ballot papers;
4. Cast votes by sending the ballot paper by email, independently, to Wouter Addink ‎[wouter.addink at naturalis.nl]‎ AND to Rui Figueira [rui.figueira at iict.pt]‎
5. Announcement of results to Nodes. In case of tie, a second round voting period is run, with the same voting procedure
6. Announcement of results of second round. In case of tie, the procedure will be finished at the European Nodes 2015 Meeting, in Paris.

Timeline

24 Feb 2015 - Propose election process (1)
2 Mar 2015 - 8 Apr 2015 - Call for nominations (2)
13 Apr 2015 - Announcement candidates and distribute ballot papers (3)
17 Apr 2015 - End of voting period (4)
20 Apr 2015 - Announcement of results to the nodes. In case of tie, start of second voting period (5)
29 Apr 2015 - End of second round voting period (6)
30 Apr 2015 - Announcement of results to the nodes (6)

We would like to receive your comments or amendments to this procedure. In case you agree with it, you do not need to do anything. Please send any feedback by next Friday, 27 Feb 2015.

Best wishes,

Wouter Addink, Species 2000 and Naturalis Node manager

Rui Figueira, GBIF.PT Node manager

Rui Figueira
Coordenador do Nó Português do GBIF
rui.figueira at iict.pt
Instituto de Investigação Científica Tropical – IICT
Trav Conde da Ribeira, nº 9, 1300-142 Lisboa, Portugal
Tel. +351 213616340 | Fax. +351 213631460
www.gbif.pt / www.iict.pt