[Gbif-europe] FW: Elections at GB23

archambeau archambeau at gbif.fr
Mon Aug 22 20:11:55 CEST 2016

 Dear European node managers,

 I would like to remember you that, as you know,  there is a need for
 nominations for Chair, 1st Vice-Chair and 2nd Vice-Chair.

 Please see email below sent by Donald Hobern on the 26th July to the
 nodes community.

 It would be great to have a "real" election with more people than
 positions to fill in, (and would be great to have european candidates).
 It would be a strong message to the secretariat and the EC and reinforce
 the fact that the role of NSG is really important in the GBIF community.

 So please think about this opportunity and if you don't mind, let me
 know if you think you will go. (to have an idea of the situation)

 I look forward to hearing from you.
 With best wishes,

 Anne-Sophie

 FROM: Nodes_committee [mailto:nodes_committee-bounces at cemail.gbif.org]
 ON BEHALF OF Donald Hobern
  SENT: 26 July 2016 17:05
  TO: nodes_committee at cemail.gbif.org
  SUBJECT: Elections at GB23

 Dear GBIF Nodes Committee member,

 I would like to draw your attention to the fact that, this year, the
 positions of Chair, 1st Vice Chair and 2nd Vice Chair of the Nodes
 Committee all fall vacant. Heads of Delegation have been asked to
 provide nominations for these roles by September 19.

 We are keen to fill these key positions with individuals who have real
 vision and energy to advance the work of the committee.

 We therefore encourage you to identify and recommend suitable
 candidates
 for nomination by your Head of Delegation.

 Very best wishes,

 Donald

 Donald Hobern - GBIF Executive Secretary - dhobern at gbif.org [1]

 Global Biodiversity Information Facility http://www.gbif.org/ [2]

 GBIF Secretariat, Universitetsparken 15, DK-2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark

 Tel: +45 3532 1471 Mob: +45 2875 1471 Fax: +45 2875 1480

 Links:
 ------
 [1] mailto:dhobern at gbif.org
 [2] http://www.gbif.org/