[Gbif-europe] new Belgian Data Portal

André Heughebaert a.heughebaert at biodiversity.be
Tue Jul 5 10:49:22 CEST 2016

Dear European Nodes managers,

Last month, we published a major update of the Belgian Biodiversity Data
Portal <http://data.biodiversity.%20be/>.

This portal showcases the Open Biodiversity Data published by Belgium
and its scientific use by Belgian authors.

Our Belgian Data Portal currently features 88 datasets, 11 institutions
and 116 scientific publications.

The portal is based on CKAN, the world’s leading open-source data portal
platform. It takes advantage of GBIF and Mendeley web services API.

The dataset metrics feature is derived from gbif-dataset-metrics (by
Datafable) winner of the Ebbe Nielsen Challenge in 2015
<http://www.gbif.org/newsroom/news/2015-ebbe-nielsen-challenge-winners>.

Your feedback will be appreciated,
Andre Heughebaert
Belgian Data Portal