[Invasive-species] Fw: European Alien Species Expertise Registry

BRANQUART Etienne E.Branquart at mrw.wallonie.be
Mon Jan 30 17:19:09 CET 2006

European Alien Species Expertise RegistrySubject: European Alien Species Expertise Registry

Dear colleagues

Within the actual EU project DAISIE http://www.europe-aliens.org a European Alien Species Expertise Registry has now been established. This registry intends to collect the expertise of experts which may be useful to gather the knowledge on those species which are actually alien in Europe or may become so. Thus, unlike its title, we want to gather the expertise of experts from all over the world, since species alien to Europe come from all over the world.

The expertise registry contains details for individual experts with respect to taxonomic expertise, geographic units, and thematic areas (e.g. distribution, conservation, restoration, ecology, economical impact, genetics, legislation, administration, management, control, biocontrol, pathways, transportation, physiology, risk assessment, taxonomy, systematics).

The expertise registry has only now been set up and grows. We hope to include already within this year a relevant part of experts and expertise. This will enable us to analyze this expertise and to draw conclusions. One of our goals is a paper which may become a political postulation to ameliorate the expertise in those areas where it is not sufficient. You see, it may also become important for yourself, in the long run, to be included into our registry.

Please take the time to register at http://daisie.ckff.si the registry should be self explanatory, and it will take you only 5 minutes. Forward this message to other experts which may not have been reached by this mail.

Many thanks and best regards
Wolfgang Nentwig

Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Nentwig, Zoological Institute, University of Bern
Baltzerstr. 6, CH 3012 Bern (Switzerland, old Europe)
Tel. +0041-31-631-4520 (direct), -4511(secretary), -4888(fax)
http://www.zoology.unibe.ch/nentwig/
http://www.zoology.unibe.ch/ecol/

Humanökologie, 2. Auflage, Springer-Verlag
Lehrbuch der Ökologie, Spektrum Verlag
Internet Key for European Spiders