[Invasive-species] InvasivesNET

Sonia Vanderhoeven s.vanderhoeven at biodiversity.be
Mon Aug 27 09:31:09 CEST 2018

*A message from Frances Lucy :*

Dear all,

I am delighted to announce the launch of INVASIVESNET - the International
Association for Open Knowledge and Open Data on Invasive Species.
INVASIVESNET will facilitate improved global access to high quality,
open-source knowledge and data on invasive alien species (IAS), by
developing a sustainable network of networks for effective knowledge
exchange.

Our International Council is made up of leading scientists from five
continents.  We now invite new members to join INVASIVESNET, and to support
our overarching aim for greater co-ordination, co-operation, and
information exchange among scientists, management, the community of
practice and the public.

The key objectives of INVASIVESNET are:

  *   To establish a global network of networks on IAS

  *   To enhance accessibility to existing open sources of knowledge and
databases on IAS

  *   To encourage and facilitate free access to global scientific research
on biological invasions

  *   To develop relevant funding infrastructure to support open access
publications on IAS

We are now open for INVASIVESNET Membership! Benefits include access to our
forums and databases, discounted or waived article processing fees in
INVASIVESNET journals<*http://www.reabic.net/journals/Default.aspx*
<http://www.reabic.net/journals/Default.aspx>>, possibilities to publish
your organisation's achievements and events on our social media, and
eligibility for scientific awards. Membership is open to both individuals
and organizations wishing to participate in promoting the objectives of
INVASIVESNET.

For further information and membership details, please check out the
INVASIVESNET website<*https://invasivesnet.org/* <https://invasivesnet.org/>>
or follow us on Twitter<*https://twitter.com/Invasivesnet*
<https://twitter.com/Invasivesnet>> or Facebook<
*https://www.facebook.com/invasivesnet/*