[Invasive-species] Fwd: EMAPi 2019 in Prague, 1st announcement

Steven Keteleer keteleer.steven at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 23:26:56 CET 2018

ok, thanks.

I heard this weekend Bram d'Hondt from Flanders (ANB) speaking about the
tools we have to fight invasive species from the very beginning. So the
cost will be reduced.
I asked him to put a new species on the list of Alien Invasive species. A
species that is already being watched at and under consideration.

He told me that it is sometimes very difficult to get a species on the
European list of Alien invasive species.

In addition, a species that is invasive in a special soil or context may
not be in another. It is therefore very important to work more in detail on
this topic.

In this case I should like to ask you to quickly put Rosa multiflora on the
European list of alien invasive species.
I'm always willing to guide you and your collegues in a nearby reserve in
Landen, central Belgium to show you how this species behaves in the local
flora.

Kind regards,
And many thank,

Steven Keteleer