[Invasive-species] Event 18/12 - Managing Invasive Species in Europe : sharing views and experience

Katrin Schneider Katrin.Schneider at ufu.de
Tue Oct 8 10:42:43 CEST 2019

Dear Sonia and Tim,
This meeting sounds very interesting!
I probably  will not be able to attend because at the moment I am still trying to save korina and I am not representing any authority. In my federal state the responsible authorities do not want to stop invasions, they only want to fulfil the EU-Regulation on the lowest possible level. We argue constantly but they have the money.
What is your experience, are there authorities who do more? Is there hope that my kind of work will be paid for in the next years?

We had such a severe drought here that many native trees are dying, so I started to save invasive tree species, like Ailanthus and Robinia, from being felled in our town Halle. I wonder whether the climate crisis will change our views on invasions, what do you think?

Kind regards, Katrin

Katrin Schneider

Fachgebietsleiterin "Naturschutz & Umweltkommunikation"
Unabhängiges Institut für Umweltfragen (UfU) e.V., Büro Halle

korina | Koordinationsstelle Invasive Neophyten in
Schutzgebieten Sachsen-Anhalts beim UfU e.V.

Große Klausstr. 11, 06108 Halle/Saale
Telefon 0345 202 65 30, Fax 0345 685 85 216

www.ufu.de,<http://www.ufu.de,> www.korina.info,<http://www.korina.info,> www.neophyten-in-der-landwirtschaft.de<http://www.neophyten-in-der-landwirtschaft.de>
KORINA-Newsletter: https://www.korina.info/info/korina/newsletter/