[Ipbes-stakeholder] Review open for draft Methodological assessment on scenario analysis and modelling

Belgian IPBES Stakeholder Group registration ipbes-stakeholder at bebif.be
Tue May 26 09:22:48 CEST 2015

Thanks Hilde,

No word from IPBES yet on my side. I do have a colleague whom was nominated to co-Chair the South Asia review, and a communication from IPBES in general that they were late on the nominations but that we should be hearing from them soon.

Best!

Fabrice

From: Belgian IPBES Stakeholder Group registration <ipbes-stakeholder at bebif.be<mailto:ipbes-stakeholder at bebif.be>>
Date: Friday, May 22, 2015 at 6:12 PM
To: "ipbes-stakeholder at bebif.be<mailto:ipbes-stakeholder at bebif.be>" <ipbes-stakeholder at bebif.be<mailto:ipbes-stakeholder at bebif.be>>
Subject: [Ipbes-stakeholder] Review open for draft Methodological assessment on scenario analysis and modelling

Dear Colleague,

As part of the open, transparent and collaborative process in the development of IPBES Work Programme reports, we would like to inform you that the review by governments and experts of the second-order draft and first review of the summary for policy makers (SPM) for the IPBES report on Policy support tools and methodologies for scenario analysis and modelling of biodiversity and ecosystem service (Deliverable 3c) was launched on 15 May and will close on 9 July 2015.

The assessment considers the role of scenarios and models in projecting and assessing potential changes in biodiversity and ecosystem services, and considers the outcomes in terms of economy and social-wellbeing.  Furthermore, scenarios and models can help decision makers to identify development pathways with undesirable risks and impacts on human well-being, and to envisage alternative pathways that would attain the goal of conserving and sustainably using biodiversity. Based on the findings of the methodological assessment, this deliverable of the IPBES Work Programme will result in an evolving guide to promote methods for the use of different types of knowledge and to catalyse the development of databases, geospatial data and tools and methodologies for scenario analysis and modelling.  The chapter outline of the Scenario analysis and modelling assessment is available in Annex I here<http://www.ipbes.net/images/documents/plenary/third/information/INF_6/IPBES_3_INF_6.pdf>.

The secretariat invites governments and prospective expert reviewers with relevant knowledge and/or experience to register to review one or more chapters of the report and/or the SPM. After the publication of the report, all names of expert reviewers will be published on the website and acknowledged in the annexes of the report.

Experts should complete the attached registration form and send it to the Technical Support Unit of Deliverable3c: tsu-ipbes.scenarios at pbl.nl<mailto:tsu-ipbes.scenarios at pbl.nl>. Registered experts will then receive login details with which they can download the report. The login details will be shared within two working days after the beginning of the review on 15 May 2015.

It would also be useful if you copy any comments to h.eggermont at biodiversity.be<mailto:h.eggermont at biodiversity.be>, so that we may consider taking your comments into account in the government response. However, in order for us to do so, it would be necessary for you to submit them by 5 July at the latest

We remain available would you have further questions on this issue.

Best wishes,
Hilde Eggermont
www.biodiversity.be/ipbes<http://www.biodiversity.be/ipbes>

--
Dr. Hilde Eggermont<http://www.ecology.ugent.be/limno/HE.php>- OD Nature, Royal Belgian Institute for Natural Sciences<http://www.naturalsciences.be>, Belgium
Scientific coordinator of the Belgian Biodiversity Platform<http://www.biodiversity.be/> - -  BiodivERsA<http://www.biodiversa.org/> Vice Chair - - IPBES<http://www.biodiversity.be/ipbes> National Focal Point BE

[http://www.biodiversity.be/1575/download/inline]
WATCH OUR BELGIAN BIODIVERSITY PLATFORM MOVIES ON:
http://vimeo.com/114955090 (data publication activities)
http://vimeo.com/114955160 (science-policy activities)
http://vimeo.com/114955193 (our general mission)