[Belgian Biodiversity Platform Newsflash] [Reminder] Call for nominations of experts for IPBES Task Forces and Expert Groups

Belgian Biodiversity Platform Newsflashes newsflash at biodiversity.be
Thu Jan 23 12:15:00 CET 2014

Dear colleagues,

Herewith, we would like to kindly remind you about the call for *nomination
of experts* to help scope, advise on and deliver the *2014-2018 work
programme of IPBES (Intergovernmental Platform on Biodiversity and
Ecosystem Services)*.

Governments and relevant stakeholders can put forward nominations, from
which the Multidisciplinary Expert Panel of IPBES will select a maximum of
20% of experts from the stakeholder nominations, and the rest from the
government nominations. IPBES will make use of the best scientists and
experts from all relevant disciplines (natural science, social science,
economics, traditional knowledge), and will aim at a geographical and
gender balance among those experts in the delivery of the IPBES work
programme.

Herewith, we are seeking expert nominations for the Belgian government to
submit to the IPBES Secretariat. Background information on the IPBES, and
specific information for the applicants is provided in the attached
documents. All nominations (i.e. completed nomination template and current
CV) must be submitted *by 31 January* to the Belgian Biodiversity Platform
(to: h.eggermont at biodiversity.be).

We look forward to receiving your applications, and kindly request you to
circulate this invitation amongst your networks. For more information,
please contact Dr. Hilde Eggermont (h.eggermont at biodiversity.be) or Dr.
Hans Keune (hans.keune at inbo.be), Belgian Biodiversity Platform (
http://www.biodiversity.be/2421)

With very best regards,

Hilde Eggermont

--
Dr. Hilde Eggermont (www.ecology.ugent.be/limno/HE.php)
Biodiversity expert for the Belgian Biodiversity Platform (

 * "Science is simply the word we use to describe a method of organizing
our curiosity" - Tim Minchin*