[Gbif-europe] CESP idea: EU reporting on Biodiversity
a.heughebaert at biodiversity.be
Tue Jan 17 12:01:47 CET 2017
Dear European Node Managers,
I want to share my idea for a 2017 mentoring project around *GBIF role
in EU reporting mechanisms, current state and perspectives*. /
/EU reporting on Biodiversity issues is often a grey zone for us as GBIF
nodes are rarely directly involved in the reporting mechanisms.
/The aim of this project would be to inventorize how these national
reports////are made ////(Birds/Habitats Directives, Water Framework
Directive//and IAS Regulation)// and how GBIF nodes could potentially
help and facilitate these national reports?
/In a *first phase*, each participant will separately://
* /Study national biodiversity reporting process
* /Identify stakeholders and existing data flows/
* /Assess the role of GBIF Node in this process, if any
* /Identify new potential Data Publishers
/In a *second phase*, the project will ://
* /Compare national processes and summarize best practices/
* /Investigate how GBIF could ease EU reporting in various countries
* /Recommend changes to GBIF tools/procedures, if needed/
If you're interested by such proposal, or if you think it is worthless
effort, please contact me.
To all, my very best wishes for 2017,
Ir Andre Heughebaert
Belgian Biodiversity Platform <http://www.biodiversity.be>
Av. Louise 231 Louizalaan
B-1050 Brussels ORCID 0000-0002-7839-5300
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gbif-europe