[Invasive-species] (no subject)

Wolfgang Nentwig wolfgang.nentwig at zos.unibe.ch
Wed Mar 8 17:30:30 CET 2006

Can you please spread this text via your mail server?
Thank you very much
Wolfgang Nentwig

Within the EU project DAISIE
<file:///\\redir.asp?lid=0&newsite=http:\www.europe-aliens.org>http://www.europe-aliens.org
a European Alien Species Expertise Registry has now been established. This
registry intends to collect the expertise of experts for species that are
actually alien in Europe or may become so. Thus, unlike its title, we want
to gather the expertise of experts from all over the world, since species
alien to Europe arrive from throughout the world.

The expertise registry contains details for individual experts with respect
to taxonomic expertise, geographic units, and thematic areas (such as
distribution, conservation, restoration, ecology, economical impact,
genetics, legislation, administration, management, control, pathways,
transportation, physiology, and risk assessment).

One of our purposes is to evaluate where areas of taxonomic expertise needs
to be developed.  We also hope that it will be of some value to you when
making searches and for making contacts world-wide. The DAISIE registry is
open to all members of the public, for governmental bodies and for
stakeholders.

Please take the time to register at
<file:///\\redir.asp?lid=0&newsite=http:\daisie.ckff.si>http://daisie.ckff.si
the registry should be self explanatory, and it will takes only 5 minutes.
We would be grateful if you could forward this message to other experts who
you consider may be interested.

Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Nentwig, Zoological Institute, University of Bern
Baltzerstr. 6, CH 3012 Bern (Switzerland, old Europe)
Tel. +0041-31-631-4520 (direct), -4511(secretary), -4888(fax)
http://www.zoology.unibe.ch/nentwig/
http://www.zoology.unibe.ch/ecol/

<http://www.springeronline.com/sgw/cda/frontpage/0,11855,1-198-22-41811971-0,00.html>Humanökologie,
2. Auflage, Springer-Verlag